Thursday, October 26, 2017

McCalls M6964 T-shirt

McCalls M6964 T-shirt

I've had some of this fabric for quite a while but haven't been healthy enough to sew....until now!

I've been a fan of Palmer/Pletsch for decades.  The patterns are well written and always have good tips on how to make the garment more professional looking.  This pattern has a great fit tip for busty figures.  Not my issue so I didn't use it but good to see in a t shirt pattern.

I used my new Dritz Styling Design Ruler to add some give at the hips.  Not sure how I ever survived without this ruler!  Once I altered the pattern, the trickiest part was cutting VERY thin knit fabric which wants to slide everywhere.  Also an issue when sewing but I finally mastered it.

The neck bind it a smidge to big but it will do.  On the next one, I'll remove 1/2 an inch before I start sewing.  Here's the final shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment