Monday, April 3, 2017

Zip & Go Bag by Dog Under my Desk

I had finished up with the 2 zip hipster pattern and wanted to link the designer to my blog.  Of course, I found another pattern at her website to try; the Zip & Go bag.

The finished size is 9.5 tall and 7.5 wide so it's not a big bag.  It has 2 zippers and a long cross body strap that adjusts all the way to 60 inches.

Here's a closer look:
The fabric is pretty dark but if you look very closely, you'll see the butterfly antenna are small pink dots so the lining is this....

I think it gives it a cute unexpected pop of color...Love that!

I had some issues with the directions on this one.  Even though I read it through a couple of times, I somehow added the front lining piece at the wrong time.  Instead of tearing it apart, I simply cut another piece.  It doesn't show because it's on the inside of the lining.  The pattern gives you options for using different hardware depending on what you had on hand.  I LIKED that!  It uses small amount of fabric so it's a bit of a scrappy buster.  You do  have to have enough to make the handle, but I think you could just piece that together as well and the pockets could certainly have 2 different colors for lining.  This could be fun to play with colors.  

All in all...I would make this one again.  You can find the pattern at Dog Under my Desk

No comments:

Post a Comment