Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Kismet Trinket Box by Sew Sweetness and Erin Vader Fabric!

My daughter, Erin, is a weaver.  She has a huge loom that has it's own bedroom and she makes the most lovely fabric on it.  Once I started to see her beautiful weaves, I asked her to make me some fabric to sew with.  She made me a LOVELY tartan plaid that I am terrified to cut!  She also made some smaller pieces.  I decided to use one of those and make a Kismet Trinket box.

The fabric started like this....
A plain weave in a herringbone pattern
It ended up looking like this.....

I fused SF101 to the entire piece of fabric and then cut it out.  It was still tricky sewing the box together but I really think that is because it was so small.  I think it's so cool that I was able to take Erin's weaving and sew it into something.  It's giving me the courage to cut into that beautiful tartan she made for me....
More on that later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment