Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Fat Quarter Pop Up


Fat Quarter Pop-Up....

I was at a fabulous new fabric store in Troy, Michigan (Fabric Affair) with my sister-in-law, Gail and I found this sweet little pattern for pop up containers.
It looked fun and quick so I thought I'd give it a try.  It was VERY easy to make.  Definitely something a beginner could tackle.  It comes with instructions and the wire needed to Pop Up the final project.


My only quarrel with the project would be the way the pattern is written.  It calls for a fat quarter of fabric (which I bought at the store) but once I started working on it, I realized that would not be enough.  I have an obscene amount of stash, so I dug out a matching print midway through the cut out process.  My other objection is the way the pattern is written.  When you are working with pieces that are almost square, it's important to use measurements when giving directions.  If something is 10 inches and you fold it in half, it should now measure 5 inches.  This is a HUGE heads up that you might be working with the wrong side!  This is particularly important when working with beginners!

Beyond that, the pattern is easy to make and the final product is super cute!

The big question now is where to find more of the pop up wires so I can make a few more?

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Cannot wait to make it. Thanks for the heads up on the fabric issue. I would have been so frustrated by the incorrect amount of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of the fun of this blog is sharing experiences with sewing and making it easier for the next adventurer! Carry on....

    ReplyDelete