Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Let's Get Started

I did it!  I retired from public school teaching.  I worked for 15 years as a public school librarian at K-6 and middle school buildings.  It began as a fun adventure.  Unfortunately, public schools are now under siege.  So I walked away and am now onto a new adventure.

I've been sewing since I was 12 years old.  My parents sent me to a Singer store to learn to sew so I could help make clothes for my 8 brothers and sisters and the many foster children that came through our home.  I then honed my skills in Home Ec in middle school in Mrs. Kite's class.

Sewing is many things to me.  It has been an escape from reality and a way to express my creativity but it has been a constant in my life and I am grateful for it's presence.  I've sewed many different things while on this journey.  I've made the flower girl dresses for my wedding.  I made MANY clothes for my children and even my husband.  I've made clothes for myself. I've decorated my home with curtains and table runners and comforters.   I've made and sold purses galore.  There always seems to be something that catches my eye and I think...oohhh...I could do that!  And so I try....

I decided to start this blog for two reasons.  I want to chronicle my continuing sewing journey and I want to encourage others to join in.  So if you are interested, please stop and check out Sew What's Up?

No comments:

Post a Comment