Monday, March 27, 2017

Two Zip Hipster by Erin Erickson

I've made this bag before and given it as a gift.  I really like the pattern directions.  They are thorough and there are pictures for all the fussy bits.  This patterns assumes you are a beginner.  It was one of the first that I bought and having this turn out so well gave me confidence to try other more complicated patterns.  It's one step at a time!

The purse has a zippered pocket on the outside for your phone or a handy slip pocket behind that for the phone, if you prefer.  I like my phone to be secure so zippered pocket it is!  The finished size is 11" tall, 9" wide and 1.5 deep.  The strap adjusts from 30" to 56".

I think this is the perfect travel cross body.  Easy to stick in a bigger tote or wear across your body and on your hip for security.

I'm pretty excited with the way the fabric lined up on the front pocket.  I chose to do the top of the purse in the same fabric as the lining because I thought the print would be way to busy covering the entire purse.  I also used a metal zipper on the pocket for the first time.  I like the look.  Bad news was I had NO gold purse hardware so I had to mix my hardware.  Fortunately, this purse doesn't have a ton of it so I'm hoping it won't be a problem.  
The back of the purse is plain black fabric, as requested by my friend who is a lover of ALL things lighthouse!  I was very excited when I found the fabric for that reason.  I found it in the clearance bin at JoAnn Fabric as a remnant.  So it was 50% off the remnant price.  $3.00!  And I just KNEW who would love it.  
Here's a photo of the entire purse.  Please excuse the photos.  I had foot surgery and am currently using a rolling chair to get around my sewing room.  More professional photos in the future (I promise!)
The pattern can be found at Erin Erickson's website.  


No comments:

Post a Comment