Thursday, December 7, 2017

Simplicity 1574A Children's PJ's & food poisoning

Simplicity 1574A 
Children's PJ's & food poisoning

I started these PJ's for my grandson last week but had the misfortune of contracting food poisoning so intense that I spent 3 days in the hospital.  Hoping to NEVER do that again.  Laying in that hospital bed you appreciate the time that you have to do what you enjoy so as soon as I could, I was back to sewing.

So this pattern...Simpler because it has less steps?  If I were a newbie, I'd be lost.  In fact, I had some issues on that collar because it's been a while since I did one and I followed the directions.  I really think that newbie patterns should have fewer pattern pieces and MORE instructions. 

I got to use the buttonhole setting on my Bernina B740.  This setting is one of the reasons I purchased this machine.  Buttonholes have always been really had to make uniformly and this machine saves the settings and automatically does it for me!  LOVE that! 

I do like the way it turned out and it's PJ's so I'm not going to sweat the collar to much.  Here's hoping the little guy who loves trucks & dinosaurs will love these PJ's too.


No comments:

Post a Comment