Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Simplicity D0713 and Emmaline Small Retreat Bag

Simplicity D0713 and Emmaline Small Retreat Bag

I've finished the legging pants for my granddaughter.  I found this interesting pattern that had Misses sizes, children's sizes and doll sizes.  It has a tunic, a shirt and leggings in all three sizes.  Since my granddaughter is growing OUT of child sizes but is not quite into adult sizes, I thought I'd give this a try.  I actually cut out an adult medium for her, basted the pants together and then tried them on.  I had to cut about an inch off the sides and 5.5 inches off the length but the rest seems to fit.  Final fitting this evening. 


I enlisted her help for my husbands family Christmas party on Friday.  She baked all the cookies for dessert and made the salad.  She also made chocolate dipped pretzels which were a huge hit.  I wanted to do something special for her to thank her for her help so I made her an Emmaline Small Retreat bag out of Michigan State University/Emoji fabric.  She LOVES MSU....(frankly, I'm not sure why that is but it's her fav!) and emoji's are her thing now too.  Fabric with BOTH of these on it...I couldn't pass it up so I bought 1/2 a yard a while ago.  I wasn't sure what I'd do with it but this small bag is just the thing.  She has asthma so she totes an inhaler and now she has lip gloss and hand lotion, etc...  All of which will fit nicely in this bag and hopefully, her 2 year old brother will not be able to get into it. 
 The bag has a small frame in it which holds the bag wide open when it is unzipped so it is easy to see inside. 

I have just a couple things left on my Christmas sewing list.  Back to work....

No comments:

Post a Comment