Saturday, December 16, 2017

Sew Sweetness Minikin Desktop Cube~smallest

Sew Sweetness Minikin  Desktop Cube~smallest

I'm not sure why I consistently do this.  I find patterns that have multiple sizes and then I make the smallest first.  Why?  The smallest is the hardest to make!  You have tiny seams and have to make tiny turns with this big machine that has a sharp needle right next to your fingers.  It's insanity, I tell you!  And yet....I do it. 

Anyway, I made the smallest desktop cube.  I will work perfectly to sit on the windowsill in my tiny laundry room to hold the change that inevitably falls out of everyone's pockets. 

I think it would look neater if the lining was a bit smaller.  I should have made a 1/4 inch difference in the lining and the outer edge.  It would have been a crisper final product.  Note to self......

It's hard to tell from the photos but the back of the cube is slightly taller than the front so you get a nice look at the lining inside.  I like that look.  This is definitely a scrap buster particularly with the foam interfacing.  I have a box of smaller pieces left over from making totes so I will definitely have another project to use those up. 

Here's how it looks....


No comments:

Post a Comment