Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Still playing with Minikins...

Still playing with Minikins...

I'm still trying out the minikins by Sarah Lawson from Sew Sweetness.  Here's my latest try using Tula Pink fabric.  LOVE Tula Pink with this bag because it highlights the animals in her fabrics.

They are also great scrap busters.  On the blue octopus I also used scraps of Linen I had left over from a picture frame project.  The elephant I used raspberry that came from who knows!  I've had it so long.  I had to do some hunting to find the raspberry thread, I can tell you!

When top stitching, I've been changing the top thread to make sure it matches the fabric so I sewed white on the octopus and then blue on the linen.  It's a much nicer look I think.

I just finished making 6 emmaline retreat bags for a client too but neglected to take a final picture.  :-(

Sewing on...


No comments:

Post a Comment