Tuesday, November 7, 2017

#Blog Like Crazy Making lemonade...

#Blog Like Crazy
Making lemonade....

When I was making this purse for the first time, you may remember I interfaced the wrong side of the outer purse.  This meant when I wanted to put the lining together with the outer piece, the asymmetrical handles did not match. 

I recut the outer bag and finished my purse.  However, when I was done I had this intact outer bag that it seemed ridiculous to waste.  I decided to take that lemon and make lemonade, or a birthday present for my sweet daughter-in-law (same thing actually!). 

I finished the second Moxie crossbody today.  I made a couple of small changes.  I used rivets on all the connecting points of the handle.  Not sure why I didn't do that the first time but I do like the way it looks.  When making the handle, I made the accent fabric 1/4 of an inch wider than the gray fabric.  When I sewed them together, you could see just a small amount of the accent fabric peeking through on the gray side.  I like the look of it. 
Here she is...

No comments:

Post a Comment