Wednesday, November 15, 2017

#Bloglikecrazy Sew much fun...

#Bloglikecrazy 
Sew much fun...

I'm back from fantasy sewing land and have landed squarely in reality land where although I can now post pictures, I will also have to make my own meals, do my own laundry, address the barking dog, and generally act like an adult.  But before all of that, I want to show you what I finished this weekend.

I made a computer bag for my chromebook out of one of Sara Lawson, Minikins patterns: Sleeve & Go.  I love the way it turned out, however, I'm not sure why the bottom of the bag doesn't have lining.  We cut the lining but never used it and if we'd basted it to the inside of bag bottom, it would have worked fine.  I'm going to reread the directions and make sure I didn't miss a step.  Here's how it turned out.
Computer fits and it's super cute!  What else to ask for?

I also pieced my first baby quilt.  Here's that one....
I still need to quilt it but it's all pieced together.  Pretty sure that it won't actually get quilted until after Christmas.   I'm very proud of how it turned out.  

Sew what's next?  I bought this beautiful fabric to make clutches for my daughter and myself.  We are going to a Gala downtown and these will match our cocktail dresses.


And then there are these beautiful batiks that will become my next quilt.  They are cut and ready to go but will have to take a backseat to Christmas sewing for now.  


I had SEW much fun but glad to be home...


No comments:

Post a Comment