Saturday, November 25, 2017

#bloglikecrazy best job ever

#bloglikecrazy
best job ever

I used to think that I had the best job ever!  I was mom to three great kids and I was a teacher/librarian that worked with kids to give them life skills that they would use forever. 

At 47 I became a very reluctant grandma.  My youngest was graduating high school and my oldest was having her first child.  I had not even ONE year of no responsibility so I was not really on board.  Then that little girl was born and I was there when it happened.  I held her little newborn finger and sang her the lullaby my grandma sang to me and my heart doubled in size (kind of like the grinch!) I was reborn that day as Gramma.

When Lexie is in trouble, she tells her parents to call my Gramma cause she wouldn't yell at me like that!  And if there is a movie she wants to see, she calls me...Gramma we have to see the new Minion movie and we do.  And do I let her eat ice cream for breakfast, well of course!  It has dairy just like milk!  What's the problem???  My daughter frequently stares at me in horror and says, "You are NOT the same person that raised me!!"  Well, true enough!  Just an old person, working her way into heaven!  ;-)

Two and a half years ago, the second little one came along.  He's all boy and worships the ground that Papa walks on but if I put him on my lap and read him "Pete The Cat" repeatedly, he leans over and kisses my arm.  Sigh.....

So here's to the best job EVER!  May you be blessed in your lifetime to have the honor to be a grandparent.  I hope you enjoy every moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment