Friday, November 24, 2017

#bloglikecrazy getting ready

#bloglikecrazy
getting ready

I'm not sure how holiday have been sneaking up on me this year.  After all, I am now retired.  I'm thinking it might have something to do with the fact that I am no longer a slave to my calendar.  Everyday really feels like Saturday.  It's so freeing to be able to answer yes! when someone asks for my help and know that I won't feel stressed or pressured by things that need to be done before I go back to work. 

Anyway, with Thanksgiving over I sat down to take stock of what needs to be sewn before the big day.  I'm happy to report that 4.5 things need to be completed.  A pair of PJ's for the grandson (in truck fabric, of course!), a leopard print tote for my eldest daughter to carry back and forth to work, a clutch for my niece and 1.5 makercases for my girlfriends. 

The makercases are a new noodlehead pattern.  It will be the perfect case to tote supplies to our planned weekend craft retreat!  One friend does paper work and the other crochets.  I am halfway through the first and it's bigger than I thought but I guess that will mean more room to carry necessities. 

Here's a sneak peek of the outside:
One side has a snap pocket and the other a zip pocket.  I love the Tula Pink fabric. 

Back to work...I need to keep sewing...

No comments:

Post a Comment