Sunday, November 26, 2017

#bloglikecrazy. Queen at the DSO

#bloglikecrazy.
The day I sang Queen at the DSO

My husband and I went to see the Detroit Symphony Orchestra with a band that plays Queen. Queen is one of my favorite rock bands from my younger years so I was very excited about this concert.

The place was packed with an  excited crowd.  As the band came out the lead singer told us he'd woken up with a sore throat and would do his best.  After 3 songs, he sent the piano player out to play one of the songs. Then he came back on stage and said he just couldn't do it. Here's the best part...a woman in the audience said she could!  So she began to sing bohemian rhapsody into his microphone.  The leader singer decided that we, the audience, could sing and the band and the DSO would play. It was awesome!!  I've always wanted to hear that song played with a live symphony orchestra but I never thought that I (and several hundreds of my best Queen friends) would get to sing with the DSO!

The concert was stopped soon after but what an unexpected treat. Hope the singer feels better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment