Sunday, November 5, 2017

#Blog like crazy Moxie Crossbody Bag~Final...Finally!

#Blog like crazy 
Moxie Crossbody Bag~Final...Finally!

I got back to my purse sewing and finally finished the Betz White, April 2017 Bag of the Month Club, Moxie Crossbody Bag.  Whew....

I am a huge fan of Betz White.  She is of the reduce and reuse mindset and encourages sewers to remake garments into something else instead of putting them in a landfill.  Her patterns are well written and easy to follow and her bags are well thought out and a pleasure to use. 

This pattern gave me some problems but more because of my lack of attention to detail.  My exterior fabric was the same inside and out so even though I was careful to cut mirror images for the asymmetrical handles, when I went to apply to interfacing, I flipped them and put the interfacing on the wrong side.  When I went to put them together, they did not match up.  This led to me having to remove the pocket, remake the outer bag and put the whole thing back together again...sigh...

However, I am glad I persevered because this is going to be MY new purse.  I love the colors, fabric and the look of it and it's small enough to not be cumbersome but large enough to use daily.  Here she is in all her glory....
The exterior fabric is Essex Linen (from fabric.com) and the flamingos and the matching pink is fabric I bought on vacation at Fabric by the Sea outside of Bar Harbor, Maine.  I spent 2 lovely hours in that fabulous store.  If you ever get out that way, it's totally worth the time. 

What to do next....

No comments:

Post a Comment