Friday, November 10, 2017

#Bloglikecrazy Autumnal Beauty

#Bloglikecrazy 
My name is Mary and I have a button problem....

I love Michigan because my children and grandchildren live here.  I hate Michigan because it the winter it miserably cold and bleak.  I fight that bleakness with color!  So even though it snowed this morning, I have filled my home with Autumns beautiful colors.

The table runner is the first thing I have quilted in a loooong time.  It's really basic quilting but I love the way it turned out.  My friend, Auleen, taught me how to use buttonhole stitching to attach the pieces.  I really like this new look. 

If you look closely you will see some of the buttons from my vintage collection.  I have a jar of buttons I inherited from my grandmother, mother, mother-in-law and my own jar that holds odds and ends. They are a small thing that tie me to the women that have gone before me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment