Saturday, November 18, 2017

#bloglikecrazy Best idea my husband had in my sewing room

#bloglikecrazy
Best idea my husband had in my sewing room

Last summer we had a flood in our basement which is where my sewing studio resides.  We had to waterproof the basement which involved removing EVERYTHING!  Wow!  You have no idea what is IN your basement until you have to take everything out.  I was very selective about what I brought back in AND felt it was the perfect time to paint that HORRIBLE 1970's panel to a beautiful cream color.  It has lightened up the basement dramatically along with the extra lights my husband installed for me.  (I'm still not to his best idea yet...)

As we were hauling everything out he found a piece of pegboard hanging on a wall.  He suggested we cut it in half and use it for my tools.  Sewing tools on pegboard?  Sounded very furnace room to me but once I painted it a lovely lavender and hung it up, I decided it looked great.  Then I hung my rulers and scissors up!  Amazing!  I have spent YEARS searching for scissors that are laying on the table and are hiding what I am working on.  This pegboard has been life changing. 

It's right above my cutting table so I reach up, get my appropriate ruler, use it and hang it all back up again.  I always know where everything is.  The hubby was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment